The Equality Act 2010 applies to maintained and independent schools in England and Wales and covers all aspects of school life related to how a school treats pupils, parents and carers, employees, volunteers and all members of the school community.
It requires us to report to you on how we are showing due regard to inequalities within our school. The governors and staff at Portfields are committed to:
- Eliminating unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- Advancing equality of opportunity
- Fostering good relationships between all groups
Our two specific duties are:
- To publish information to show how we are complying with the Equality Duty
- To publish measurable equality objectives
Our Equal Opportunities Policy, Behaviour Policy and Anti-Bullying Policy clearly state how the whole school community works together to eliminate all forms of discrimination, harassment and victimisation. Policies are reviewed regularly and are available to view on the school website. The Governing Body monitors school policy and practice annually.
Other mandatory information: